mandag den 9. april 2012

Another break, another start

Yep, I'm back after another long break. I am currently finishing my education, which takes up almost all of my time. I can't wait till I'm completely finished! My last exam will be in two weeks, after that I still have a written assignment I'll need to work on. All in all, I should be done with all of this in about a month from now.

I haven't really worked on the Citrine. Whenever I had some time to spare, most of it was spend on World of Warcraft. This actually inspired my new cross stitch design, since I've been wanting to stitch a Draenei for some time, simply because of the lovely colours (if you do not know what a Draenei is, and want to know, take a look here).

I finally got the courage to do something about this, and during easter I bought a program called PCStitch. It's a very simple tool that helps turn your pictures into cross stitch charts, and so far it works beautifully.

I've been a fan of Sara Forlenza's artwork for some time, and decided to stitch one of her pictures of a female Draenei mage. Since I do not have any copyrights to this image, I am not sure if I'm allowed to post the picture on my blog, but I'll throw you guys a link to the picture I'm currently stitching:

http://www.saraforlenza.com/gallery_art_zoom.php?zoom=artworks/dettagli/1194110938.jpg

I just love those colours, and I cannot wait to see how she stitches up.

Here is my progress so far:

Female Draenei as of April 9, 2012

As usual, I am starting from the bottom, which means there'll be alot of half-pages. I do not mind that at all, on the contrary, it makes me feel that I am finishing a lot faster. In the photo I have finished just about 1½ page. It is pretty hard to see, what it actually is so far, but I can tell you that the big blue patch is the background, and the purple area is most likely her cloak.

Hopefully, I'll get to stitch during the next couple of weeks, but I highly doubt it, due to my exam and written assignment (15-20 pages on theories about learning and teaching...-.-)

- Cat.

3 kommentarer:

  1. Beautiful stitching. I have been doing some WoW playing myself lately - I go through cycles of playing and not playing. Trying to complete the last of the Firelands quests to get the fireward hippogryph. My OH got me PCStitch for christmas, it's a great program, trying to learn how to create patterns of my own though.

    SvarSlet
  2. Nice to hear there are other stitchers/WoW-players out there ;) I myself just rerolled. I've been playing as Alliance for a couple of years with some RL friends, but since they stopped playing my hubby and I rerolled horde (I've lawys been horde by heart tbh). Currently level 65, so not that far yet, though my Alliance character went all the way. I stopped playing her a year ago.

    SvarSlet
  3. Awesome! That's what I did with my Mario pattern (but not with PCStitch, there used to be a website that would spit out a pattern in pdf form for you). It l ooks great, can't wait to see more! And congrats on being almost done, that's so exciting!

    SvarSlet